Saturday, September 29, 2007

Romp wth Rook - The Chess Art of Veronika Kasatkina

Here is a sample of chess art designed by the famous Russian graphic artist Veronika Kasatkina. Her work graces the covers of software made by Convekta and the Russian Chess Magazine 64. She works mostly with digital media, and deals with a chess theme. You can purchase a set of 28 Chess Art Postcards or a set of eight 8" x 12" posters from ChessCentral. Individual posters are also available from Convekta Chess Store. Here are a couple of my favorites:


"Night"

"River of Time"


A collage of her work:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a chess lover and just ran across your blog. What a great way to get back into the game. I was searching for chess artwork and came across your post here -- these are amazing! I am trying to learn some photoshop skills myself. I have created a few chess art related designs, but I'm still learning. Check out my chess shirts, mugs, and stamps and let me know what you think. I thought they were cute anyway...